Friday, August 31, 2012

First Days of School

Here in Nebraska, we start school pretty early. My daughter's first day was the 15th of August. She was extremely excited to get back into school mode and I was thankful for the break. :) My son just started pre-school this past Tuesday, the 28th and he was even more excited. I help out from time to time at the pre-school he is now attending so he has had a chance to check it out before. His teachers are amazing and he is going to learn so much. When I pick him up from school he seems so much older than he really is!! Argh, they are growing too fast for me!!!

Something we started doing when my daughter started pre-school was to make a sign saying it was the first day of school and then take her picture with the sign on the front porch. We do the same thing on the very last day of the year. Last year I had the idea to print of the picture from the first day of the year and had her hold it so we could see how much she had grown. It turned out to be a really cute picture. This is a tradition I plan to keep doing until they are done with highschool... even if they think it might be dumb. :) I want to eventually put all the pictures into a scrapbook and give them to the kids at their graduation parties.












First day of pre-school, year 1













 Last day of pre-school, year 1













 First day of pre-school, year 2
















Last day of pre-school, year 2

















First day of Kindergarten


















 Last day of Kindergarten
This picture always makes me laugh because of her goofy sunglasses :)















 First day of 1st Grade

















 First day of pre-school, year 1








 

1 comment:

  1. wow crazy how little she looks in picture one :)

    ReplyDelete