Sunday, December 2, 2012

Countdown to Christmas and other Pinterest ideas

Yesterday I realized it was December 1st and I hadn't put together anything to help countdown the days until Christmas. So, after lunch, I sat down and quickly put together our two new countdowns..

 
 
The countdown on the left is a simple paper chain.. ours however is a mini chain. I didn't have enough red, white and green to do what I had originally planned, so I used smaller pieces of Christmas themed scrap booking paper. The pieces were 1x4 and I just glued them together into a chain.
 
The countdown on the right was intended to be a Santa beard countdown... as the days get closer and closer, we cut another piece of his beard off... however, I ran out of room up top and it looks more like a snowman... which is completely fine.
 
 
After exploring some more on Pinterest for Christmas decorations, I ran across a cool idea. A Christmas tree made out of lights and a tomato cage flipped upside down. You can find the tutorial here or if you are looking for one that looks more like a tree, check this out.
 

 
Ours didn't turn out too bad. I may take a few zip ties and tie it in the areas that have fallen a little bit but otherwise, I am happy with it. We only have one tree out in the front yard and it's too big to decorate, so this will be perfect for outdoor decorations... we are also doing one in blue...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment