Monday, June 25, 2012

Baseball (Part 2)

I posted about baseball early in this blog and am just now thinking I should have tried to coordinate a little better... oh well!

Today we watched Everyone's Hero which is a cute baseball movie about a boy who goes on a rescue mission to try and clear his dad's name. My kids LOVE this movie and asked me last night, before they went to bed, if they could watch the movie. I, of course, agreed because I also love this movie!

We did a quick craft before hand which was pretty easy and then sat down to watch the movie.

We took a funnel we had and traced around it to make a circle for our baseball. You can use a bowl or free hand it too.  I have been trying to teach my kids that things don't need to be perfect. All I ask is that they try their best.

We had a little meltdown when it came to the bat... which was another chance to remind the kids about the above message. About 30 minutes after crying about how horrible she was at things, Kaylen decided she would give it another try and made her bat.


We free handed it and then wrote Little Slugger Bats on it. I didn't have any  bats on hand to look at, so I was just kind of winging it. Making the craft got the kids excited about baseball and the upcoming game they are going to but the movie was the best part. They laugh and laugh and laugh. Really, it's the best sound in our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment