Monday, June 4, 2012

To Catch A... Bug???

Today the kids and I took a quick trip to the Dollar Tree. I find that I have a love/hate relationship with this store. I love all the fun things they have in the store for just $1 but I hate that I load my cart up and spend way more than I intended! A lot of dollar stores I have been to have prices ranging from $1 to $20 but the Dollar Tree is the only one I have been to where everything really is just $1.

While we there, we found some cool bug catching supplies.

We picked up a big butterfly net for $1 and this cute little combo pack. It had a little net, tweezers and a container to keep your bugs... all for, you guessed it, $1.

I let the kids loose in the yard to catch whatever they could find.

Kaylen and AJ ran all over the place looking for butterflies but had no luck. So they set their sights on other things...
They saw a bird and thought they could catch it.

While they didn't catch the bird they did manage to find a baby robin's egg that was in the yard.

AJ picked up the egg but ended up smashing it. Oh well, it was a cool experience nonetheless. After they were done smashing the egg up, they went on looking for other things. AJ found a bunch of rocks and Kaylen found some feathers. They plan on heading back out later tonight to see if they can catch some fireflies. Should be an exciting time!










No comments:

Post a Comment