Friday, June 22, 2012

Photo Booth

Kaylen went to a birthday party a couple months ago where they had an actual photo booth! I thought this was such a fun idea. I saw an idea on Pinterest (here) where a bride and groom were having their picture taken behind a hand made Polaroid frame and thought it would be cool to make our own "Polaroid."

I asked my husband if he thought we could make something out of wood and he went to work. :)  He cut a frame out of some scrap wood we had in the garage... luckily we have a lot of scrap wood because I often come up with projects for him!

After he cut the frame, I sanded it down and then painted it with a couple of different coats of white paint. Once the white paint had all dried, I taped of a section and painted it with chalk board paint. The idea is to be able to write who is in the picture and to be able to change it often, chalk board paint seemed the easiest option.

Once everything was dry, we set it up and tested it out. We will eventually put hooks in it so we can hang it up for parties or events where we would like some fun pictures instead of having to prop it up.

You can use a natural background to take pictures or hang a drop cloth behind it so you have a plain background. You can also incorporate different props or costumes for people to wear in their pictures for a fun touch. The kids really like this project and Kaylen can't wait to try it out at her birthday party later this summer!






With the piece that was cut out of the middle, I made a magnetic chalk board. I sanded it down, painted it with a magnetic paint and then topped it with chalk board paint. Tomorrow we will be making our very own magnets!




No comments:

Post a Comment