Sunday, June 3, 2012

Homemade Pizza

Tonight we made homemade pizza for dinner and it was delicious. I wish I had some more pictures and instructions for you but I only have a few. We ate the pizza before I could get the camera out to take a shot of the finished project but you can use your imagination :)

The ingredients we used were as follows:

1 frozen loaf of white bread (we used Rhode's Brand. You can find this at your local grocery store in the freezer section.)

Shredded mozzarella cheese

Pepperoni slices

1 jar of pizza sauce



Start by letting your dough rise. This could take anywhere from 2 hours to 18 hours, depending on the method you use. The back of the package will have directions for you and you can choose what works best for you.

Once the dough has risen, roll it out onto a pizza pan or any other baking pan that's large enough for a pizza.




Cover the dough with pizza sauce. We only used about a half a jar but it's really your preference. Once the sauce is on, cover it with cheese and then whatever toppings you would like. Pepperoni is the only thing my entire family will agree on, so we'll stick with that.

Since I did that without a recipe, I had to guess on times and temperatures. I went with 350 degrees and for about 15 minutes, then I increased the temp to 375 for another 5 minutes. Make sure you check the pizza often to make sure it doesn't burn.

Once the pizza has a golden crust and the cheese is nice and melted, remove it from the oven and then let it cool for a few minutes. Go ahead and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment