Monday, June 4, 2012

The Dollar Tree

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have a love/hate relationship with Dollar Tree stores. I love all the fun stuff for the incredibly low price of $1 but I hate that I spend way too much money there. Today we stopped for some coffee mugs for a craft we will be working on later and found some pretty cool stuff.

Kaylen is having a rainbow themed birthday party this year so these will fantastic mini totes will work as great good bags. There are 3 totes in a pack for $1... Our grand total on these was $6 for 18 totes.

We found this really cool gift bag for Father's Day. We are making a bunch of homemade gifts for Dad this year and they will fit perfectly in this handy man bag.
Magic Towels!!! Do you have little ones who hate the idea of bath time? I do!!! This is such a neat idea that I couldn't resist getting a couple for each kid. Put your kids in the tub, hand them one of these cool little things and watch the magic happen. These fun little shapes turn into washclothes and your kids get nice and clean.
PUZZLES! Who doesn't love puzzles? I picked these up with the intention of using them for another craft but let the kids have a turn or two putting them together before I use them.  If you want to be crafty, you can paint the puzzle pieces with a primer and then paint your own puzzle that can be put together. (We'll have a DIY on this later.)

We got this great 3 pack set of flash cards for $1. It helps the kids work on sight words that they have learned (or will learn) in school, letters and shapes & colors. There were a couple of different packs but we went with these so AJ could focus more on his alphabet and shapes/colors. 

We also picked up some great craft items like pompoms and pipe cleaners as well as glow sticks that we will use to make a firefly craft later this summer (stay tuned for that one, it's going to be awesome!) So, now that I have rambled my way through this post maybe you should go to your local Dollar Tree store. You might be surprised at all the fun you will find, just don't be surprised if you spend more than you planned, it isn't hard!







2 comments:

  1. I remember my mom was constantly getting us the washcloths so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are pretty fun! The kids definitely seemed to enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete